Thursday, October 7, 2010

First mini trip...

So not a whole lot to report from the last week or so but I am going to southern Korea this weekend for the Jinju Namgang Yudeung Festival I don't really know what to expect but I am sure it will be a good time and it will be nice to get out of the city for a while and see some of the other areas of Korea. I am also hoping to get to Hong Kong in the coming weeks but need to straighten something out with American Express as the fraud protection won't let me buy my plane tickets. This week has been really boring as my school had midterms on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. That means no classes and me sitting at my desk for 8 hours trying to figure out what to do. Also two of my classes were canceled yesterday as well as one today. So for the week I had a total of 6 classes. Needless to say it makes the time go by much much much slower. We tried to play some screen golf on Wednesday but the place that we went to was full, I am looking forward to swinging some sticks even though it won't be the same. I will also be getting a language exchange partner at this place called CulCom (Culture Complex). Basically it is a place that Koreans join to talk to native speakers. It cost money for them but it is free for us which is nice and you get to learn a little Korean in the process, hopefully I can pick some up as it has been slow going for the 7 weeks I have been here. I will have more to report after my trip. I hope everyone has a nice weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment