Sunday, November 28, 2010

November...

Well I just realized that I have not put a post up here in over a month so I figured that I should do something about that. There hasn't been a whole lot to talk about lately so I guess that is the main reason that I haven't written anything. My life has gotten into a pretty steady routine with working during the week and going out on the weekends. During the week I have a couple of Korean classes and language exchanges as well as go to the gym and golfing so I keep pretty busy.

Since my last post I had a birthday party at a really small Mexican restaurant in Incheon. The food was pretty good and there was a good sized group of people to help me celebrate so that was a good time. I am going to have to go to the restaurant again to get a better taste of the food. We literally had the entire place packed and they were stopping people from ordering because they were that far behind. At one point the lady had to go to the store and get more supplies as we had eaten everything already. All in all though it was fun and I am glad that I have met a lot of people here in order to celebrate.

We also just had Thanksgiving here. A group of us got together at a friends apartment and tried to make the most of the holiday away. There are a few places in Seoul that do "to go" turkey meals so we got one of those. The food was good but the sides portions were a little small which was a little disappointing. Nevertheless it was still good to celebrate with people and get a little bit of that taste from back home.

Other than those two things everything is pretty much going as routine. As I am sure everyone is aware of last Tuesday there was an attack on an island off the coast of Incheon and people were talking about that for a little bit but it appears as things have calmed down. This weekend I am going to be going snowboarding with a group here which should be fun. I am interested to see how the mountains in Korea compare to Colorado. It actually snowed last night here and I was with a couple of Californians that had never seen it snow before so it was cool for them. I am not looking forward to the long, cold winter though. There are only about 2 weeks of school until finals and then it is Christmas, New Years and my trip to Melbourne. I am looking forward to the next 6 weeks as it should be a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment